Sunday, February 23, 2014

Second Page of My Glue Book

Hi There Blogging Friends!  I have just finished the second project for my "Glue Book".  The challenge was to make a small Accordian book with the same theme as our first page, which was 'Girly'.  I decided to put my girls in a Dolls House and after making the Accordian book, I set up a layout in my glue book so that the little Accordian book could be tucked inside.  I'm pretty happy with the result.... 

Love those vintage girls!

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Glue Booking & February Notecard Swap

Hi There Blogging Friends.  I've been wanting to work on a "glue book" for a long time but had never got to make a start.

Well; that was until Amy over at 'The Altered Place' started up a Journal Lab group and prompted us all to make a Glue Book.

I had previously read, that it was important to use a vintage book that was "sewn" at the spine, not glued at the spine, so I searched my local Op Shop until I found one.  It is about 5.5in x 8.5in (14cm x 21.5cm).  Here are some pics of it...

I glued four pages together with Gel Medium then; lightly washed Gesso over each new thick page.  The subject for our first page was "Girly" so I gathered up a mixture of papers and vintage images.

Then; it was a matter of play, play play!  I coloured the background with my Faber Castell 'Gelato's'.  Stamped with Stazon Ink then; gave the entire background a watery wash of Gesso.  After that, I layered the images on with Gel Medium and washed over with 'Jo Sonja's Satin Varnish' to seal it all.  The last touches of lace were attached with 'Glossy Accents and Glitter Glue was used to put a sparkle here and there.  I am pretty happy with my first attemp.

Now here is the cute card I received from Linda for my Aussie 2014 Notecard Swap.   The subject was 'Bright and Bold, so Linda couldn't go wrong with red, blue and yellow.  Love it!

Below is my 'Bright and Bold' card that I sent to Diane.  The pink background was created with Dylusion sprays and the poppies embossed in glitter black.  The butterfly was stamped and coloured with Pitt Art Pens and flooded with Glossy Accents.  I teamed it with the black and white spot paper and aqua cardstock.  Not my usual style but I enjoyed creating it.


Related Posts with Thumbnails